The distinctive rounded, fun form of the Volkswagen Beetle (Type 1) is a familiar sight. The rear-wheel-drive car is powered by a rear-mounted flat 4 engine and while it has a no-frills interior, its reliability has endeared it to people across the world. In time, the car would also spawn the "New Beetle", a car sold from 1997 which evoked the Beetle Type 1's original body. More than 21 million Beetles had been produced by the time production came to an end in 2003, an auto industry record and the silhouette of that instantly-recognizable rounded body hardly changed through it all. This is an R/C model assembly kit of the 1967 version of the car, which is widely lauded as one of its greatest versions. The car's unmistakable form is accurately reproduced by the model, and includes metal-plated parts such as the front/rear bumpers and light cases and side mirrors. It runs on the M-06 chassis, which just like the real car runs on a rear-mounted motor and with rear-wheel drive.
Improved RR Performance from the M-06
The M-06 chassis features a Rear-Mounted Motor, Rear-Drive setup and features a longitudinally-mounted battery pack, with R/C units positioned on either side for optimum balance and a low center of gravity. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension uses metal-plated wheels exactly like those on the real car, equipped with 60D radial tires at the front and 60D super grip tires at the rear. In addition, a 3-piece steering linkage offers nimble handling response.
Requires an Electronic Speed Controller, radio equipment, battery and charger (sold separately). Requires paint and assembly. Shown assembled for display purposes only.
- Rear-Motor, 2WD Rear-Wheel Drive
- 4-Wheel Independent Double Wishbone Suspension, 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 3-Bevel Differential Gear
- F/R Friction Dampers
- Includes Type 540 Motor, Electronic Speed Control (ESC) HobbyWing THW 1060 Brushed Motor ESC (2-3S)
- Required To Complete: 2-channel radio, steering servo, battery, battery charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
- Length: 397mm, Width: 163mm, Height: 145mm
- Wheelbase: 239mm (210mm, 225mm, 239mm Adjustable)
- Gear Ratio=5.8 :1
- Tire Width/Diameter (F/R): 26mm/59mm
- Assembly Kit